Helping Hands is a preventative education programme, developed by Women’s Aid NI for primary school aged children at key stages one and two. The overall aim of the programme is to:
Increase children’s understanding of feeling safe and to explore and promote behaviours which will contribute to a safe environment.
The objectives are to:
- develop children’s levels of self-esteem and confidence
- enable children to explore and express feelings
- inform children of the right to feel safe at all times
- increase children’s ability in safety planning
- empower children to identify their own personal support network
- explore how choice of behaviour can affect the feelings of others, and
- identify healthy ways to manage conflict.