We are holding an information session to give people an opportunity to find out about the role of volunteering with the 24 Hour Domestic and Sexual Violence Helpline, which is managed by Women’s Aid Federation Northern Ireland.
The Helpline provides a 24 hour service to anyone who has experienced Domestic and/or Sexual Violence, either currently or historically. It is a multi channel Helpline providing support, a listening ear, and signposting to other agencies who can provide accommodation and/or face to face community support or counselling.
- Commit to weekly training sessions for approx 6 months.
- Volunteer 4 hrs a week
- Attend Quarterly Team meetings
- Attend External group supervision
- Have some experience either in a supportive role or on a helpline
- Have good communication skills
- Want to offer support to people experiencing Domestic and/or Sexual Violence
If so, and to find out more, please register here.
Online applications can be completed in advance or afterwards once you find out more. We will have some volunteers to explain their role and their experience of volunteering.
When: Wednesday 7 March, 18:30 – 20:30
Where: Holiday Inn Express Belfast City – Queen’s Quarter, 106A University Street, Belfast, BT7 1HP
Additional requirements: All volunteers must be over the age of 18 and will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check
Any further questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org