North Down and Ards Women’s Aid exists to provide advice, support and refuge to women and their children who have experienced or are still experiencing the effects of physical, emotional or sexual abuse. We are recruiting a Refuge Worker (including evenings and weekends on a rota basis) and this post is subject to continued Supporting People funding.
Refuge Worker: 21 hours per week by rota
Salary: £17,333 pro rata (£9.01 per hour)
Annual Leave: 25 days annual leave plus public holidays (pro rata)
Pension: 4% employee contribution, 8% employer contribution
The role of the Refuge Worker will be to assist women, who live in the refuge and have experienced domestic and sexual abuse, to ensure their safety and maintain their independence by providing them with a range of support services This post is funded by the Northern Ireland Housing Executive as part of the Supporting People programme and will be based in Bangor.
Summary of Post:
1. To promote a secure and relaxing environment for the women and children who are living in the refuge.
2. To have responsibility for the procedures of the house, taking into account the general house rules, fire and safety precautions.
3. To take part in a rota system of work, including weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
4. To take part on an on-call system as requested.
Applicants should have:
- Recent experience working in a residential setting within the community/voluntary sector.
- Recent experience of providing ongoing individual support for both women and children or family support in a residential or community setting.
- Recent experience of working with individuals in crisis.
- Recent experience of clients with complex needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of women and children’s issues in the area of domestic and sexual violence/abuse.
- Knowledge of the needs and risks of women and children in refuge
- Knowledge of safeguarding for both adult and children and the statutory responsibility in relation to this.
- 5 GCSE’s grades A – C or equivalent.
- NVQ 3 Health & Social Care or equivalent in a relevant field.
Due to the level of contact with vulnerable women and children, the lawful recruitment of females for this post falls within the exemption stated in Article 10 (e) of the Sex Discrimination (N.I.) Order 1976.
North Down & Ards Women’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please go to ndawomensaid.org website for an application pack. The closing date is 12pm Friday 13th October 2017. If you have any problems downloading the application pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org