This is a re-advertised post from August/September 2017, previous applicants need not apply.
North Down and Ards Women’s Aid exists to provide advice, support and refuge to women and their children who have experienced or are still experiencing the effects of physical, emotional or sexual abuse. We are recruiting an Administrative Support Worker and this post is subject to continued Supporting People funding.
Salary: £7.73 per hour. This post is subject to continued Supporting People funding.
Working Hours: 14 hours per week over 4 mornings – Monday to Thursday (9.30am – 1pm);
term time hours will be considered.
Annual Leave: 25 days per year (pro rata) plus public holidays.
Pension: 4% employee contribution/8% employer contribution
- To provide an efficient and effective administrative support
- Respect confidentiality at all times and uphold the ethos and core values of North Down and Ards Women’s Aid
- Provision of a professional meet and greet / reception service, including answering phone calls from women in distress and providing initial support for in-person callers to the Centre
- Provision of regular support/covering staffing requirements in Refuge as required – there are occasions when this post holder will have to attend to the refuge to give administrative support
- Ensuring up to date and accurate records are kept in accordance with data protection
1. At least 2 years’ recent experience of providing administrative support in an office environment and knowledge of office procedures.
2. Experience of call handling, meeting and greeting.
3. Strong and comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office
4. Ability to work independently and use own initiative, employing organisational and problem solving skills.
5. Proven communications skills.
6. Strong interpersonal and team working skills with a flexible and adaptable ‘can do’ attitude to work.
7. A knowledge of the work of Women’s Aid and an understanding of/empathy with women and children who have experience domestic and sexual abuse
8. GCSE Mathematics grade A – C (or equivalent).
9. GCSE English grade A – C (or equivalent).
10. IT qualification ie ECDL, Microsoft Office Diploma, GCSE or equivalent experience.
11. Be able and willing to work flexibly on occasions and to attend Monday afternoon team meetings once a month.
12. Legally entitled to work in the UK.
13. Able to meet Enhanced Access NI requirements.
Due to the level of contact with vulnerable women and children, the lawful recruitment of females for this post falls within the exemption stated in Article 10 (e) of the Sex Discrimination (N.I.) Order 1976.
In order to comply with the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups (Northern Ireland) Order 2007, North Down & Ards Women’s Aid are required to explore the successful candidate’s suitability to work with vulnerable adults and children through ACCESS NI pre-employment screening.
For an application pack please download from website – www.ndawomensaid.org or email email@example.com. The closing date is 12pm on Friday 13th October 2017.
North Down & Ards Women’s Aid is an Equal Opportunities Employer