North Down & Ards Women’s Aid are recruiting a Floating Support Worker and this post is subject to continued Supporting People Funding.
The role of the Floating Support Worker will be to assist women, who live in the community and are experiencing domestic and sexual abuse, to ensure their own safety and maintain their independence by providing them with a range of support services This post is funded by the Northern Ireland Housing Executive as part of the Supporting People programme and will be based at the Bangor Centre.
Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday – 4 hours per day, 9am-1pm. Flexibility is required for occasional afternoon and evening work.
Salary: £17,333 per annum pro rata (£9,370.40 per annum – 20 hours per week, £9.01 per hour)
Holidays: 25 days (rising to 30 days per annum) & public holidays
Pension: 4% employee/8% employer contribution pension scheme
Location: Ards & North Down Borough Area
Applicants should have:
- Two years’ experience of working with families within Floating Support or support environment
- Recent experience of working with statutory agencies/community or voluntary agencies
- Experience of working with individuals in crisis
- Knowledge of and commitment to women’s issues particularly in the area of domestic and sexual abuse and the self-help framework
- Thorough knowledge of the causes and effects of domestic and sexual abuse.
Knowledge of and understanding of the legislative framework relating to domestic violence and child protection
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grades A – C to include Maths and English or equivalent
Minimum of NVQ 3 Health & Social Care or equivalent or a recognised counselling qualification
For an application pack please visit https://www.ndawomensaid.org/job-floating-support-worker-20hrs-per-week/
Closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 3rd August 2018. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 7th August 2018.
Due to the level of contact with vulnerable women and children, the lawful recruitment of females for this post falls within the exemption stated in Article 10 (2e) of the Sex Discrimination (N.I.) Order 1976.
North Down & Ards Women’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer.